Please rotate your device
in order to view this website properly.
Achieving healthy teeth is more important that you realize. Although you want your teeth to look good, it is more important for you to care overall oral health than white teeth. You must know everything you can about proper dental hygiene. The following 8 simple and basic rules will share up-to-date information on ways to keep your teeth healthy.
1. Take at least two minutes to brush your teeth. You cannot reach all the areas that the plaque remains. Allow for enough time to give your teeth a thorough brushing when you get up and before bed.
2. If you have temperature sensitive teeth, change up your toothpaste. However, it is a good idea to visit your dentist first, before you make any changes. It’s important that a dentist makes sure that the sensitivity isn’t caused by a medical issue that will get worse without care.
3. Attempt to see your dentist every 6 months. When you visit your dentist on a regular basis, you can prevent many serious dental problems before they happen. At these visits your dentist will check for tooth decay and tartar buildup.
4. Try taking a fluoride supplement to strengthen your teeth. If you notice your teeth are losing their whiteness, or that your gums are giving you problems, you may have to take some fluoride. However, if you use too much fluoride, you can cause yellow spots on your teeth. If you see these spots, cut back on the supplements and anything else that gives you fluoride.
5. Brush teeth for no less than two minutes. Ensure you carefully brush every single tooth. Begin at your gums and slowly gravitate to the top of your teeth. Don’t brush too hard or you run the risk of damaging your gums and teeth. If you feel pain while brushing, try using a soft-bristle toothbrush.
6. If you wish to hire a good dentist, ask your family and friends beforehand. Getting personal accounts of a dentist is a great way to determine which dentist is best suited for you. You can also ask others about any payment plans a dentist may offer. Your decision may hinge on this information.
7. If you feel pain your teeth, it should be checked out immediately! If you’ve been experiencing pain for a long time, you definitely need to see your dentist. Call your dentist to discuss the problem right away and set an appointment promptly; infections located in the teeth can travel to the brain if they are untreated.
8. If you don’t want to get cavities, it’s important to take in sugar a lot less frequently. You also decrease your risk of cavities by choosing foods lower in sugar. Fruit juices and soda are chalk full of sugar and can really damage your teeth, so you’re better off drinking water. Reserve sugary foods for rare special occasions and protect your teeth.
It’s important to your health that you properly care for your teeth. If you want teeth that are healthy, you need to know how to achieve this. Apply what you’ve learned here, and you’ll keep that great-looking smile.
We at Family Care Dental Clinic offer our clients a wide range of comprehensive dental services for the whole family. Our dentists can help everyone in your family understand the importance of proper oral hygiene over time and the positive effects it has on your health. At Family Care Dental Clinic, we treat our clients to a soothing environment where they can receive quality dental care no matter what their needs are. Call (604) 987-3545 or please visit to our appointment page to schedule an appointment with a member of our excellent team.